Flower Hairpieces Galore

Thursday, February 3, 2011 |
I was so excited about the flower I made with my last project, that... with the leftover scraps from the dress I cut up more flowers!  How many did I make, well let me show you!!


It started out with the cute flower I made for this book, and it turned into all of these!


I got these hairbands from the dollar store...


I burnt all these flowers ( I am SO in love with silk),  it's so fun to burn!


And, don't forget the zebra print that I had leftovers of from this dress.

These are the different kinds of hairpieces I ended up making:




I was trying to incorporate blue, so as not to have too many pink, so I ripped up a stained shirt of my daughters.


This one is my favourite hairband. I love the pearl!




I got plain barrettes at the dollar store too, and glued these flowers on them.


And these.... are all the extra flowers that I didn't have a clip or band for, and who knows may just be for something else entirely!


Seriously, that is what I call up-cycle!  This dress went so far!

And I cut up a dollar store pearl necklace and hair elastic to get all my beads, and look how many I have left for future projects!


Love it!


My niece is having a birthday, and guess what she is getting...?!

Have you made any of these?  So easy and fun!

Cost:
Hairbands: $3
Beads: $2

Total: $5

(11 hairbands, 4 barrettes, 22 extra flowers!)















18 comments:

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants said...

I know I make them too, they are so addicting!!!! I think it has something to do with playing with fire! I love the pearl headband, where did you get that? Check mine out...
http://ms-smartie-pants.blogspot.com/2010/12/new-look-for-new-year.html

Amanda said...

Great job! These turned out realy cute. Maybe someday I'll have a little girl to make some for.

Unknown said...

I love these! Such talent girl!!

Sweetarita said...

I especially love the picture of your cutie patutie!!love love them all. Does it have to be silk for the flowers to work? I may just have to start burning stuff just for fun...

Morgan, Kayla & Deandra said...

I want to learn how to make these so BAD! is it hard?

Lauren @ Love, Water and Wine said...

These are great! I love headbands! I'm going to try to burn some silk this weekend for the first time; any tips?

Little Lexi said...

How did you do the blue one? It looks like it is different from the silk burned ones?

The Treasurista said...

These are so pretty. Just wanted to tell you I gave you the stylish blogger award...if you want to participate, copy/paste the award into your blog and have some fun. No biggie if not though, it's all for fun!

xoxo
L @ The Treasurista

http://thetreasurista.blogspot.com/2011/02/award.html

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

These are all so pretty! I love that you were able to make so many!

http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love all the dollar store projects out there. But this one is just stunning!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I've been checkin' out a lot of fabric flowers lately. I love the pink ones with the pearl headband. very sweet!

Christie said...

Hi, I am one of your newest followers! I also love making these headbands!

Christie @ http://ilovethiscrazyhouse.blogspot.com/

Emily @ LaForce Be With You said...

Wow, these look wonderful! Where do you get the kid sized elastic headbands from? I have only seen adult sized headbands.

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

I love these! I need to find some silk to burn- that doesn't sound right :)

Lauren @ Love, Water and Wine said...

Well, to say that my first silk flower burning experiment was a disaster is an understatement! ha! I guess practice makes perfect!

www.youngnester.blogspot.com

Christine {Pure Joy} said...

Visiting from The Shabby Nest. Inexpensive and beautiful. Can't beat that. Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower.

whimages said...

Adorable! These are so pretty! Thanks for sharing on Cindy's show and tell!

chateaudelille said...

Love all these ideas. Very clever! Id like to make some for shoes too. Fiona

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home