25 Cent Skirt Redo

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 |
So I officially started my garage saleing this last weekend, and I will start by showing you this skirt that I picked up for 25 cents!! 

 I thought it was a cute colour combination and didn't even hesitate about the size of it.  I just bought it.  

I did try it on, and the colours were just not me, but they were perfect for my daughter.


So I put it around my daughter and cut the extra fabric off.


Then I took the extra fabric and made sleeves with it.

I am skipping all the steps because you could probably figure it out it's so easy, rather than going through a boring sewing tutorial with me!

Here is the back:


And a few shots of the front:




I am glad I was able to make a dress for my daughter because she is growing out of everything and this was VERY THRIFTY!!


Also today my sisters and I made some ties for our boys for my brothers upcoming wedding.  They were so easy I had to share them with you, and the link of where to find them to make your own:


(sister in law Meg, sister Chelsea, sister Angela, Me!)

And hey, I know I have been away lately, but I have been up to my ears in projects!  I can't wait to show you!!


13 comments:

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

That dress is just fabulous! And it looks so beautiful on your daughter! Angie xo

Erin Shakespear said...

LOVE that dress. Very cute. :)

Angela from what would angela do? said...

The dress is perfect for her. Those sleeves look great, and like they were meant to be. Excellent job Charity!! :)

Amy said...

So cute!!

taryn said...

Okay, that dress-from-a-skirt is just genius!

Holly Rice said...

Very Cute!

Alia said...

Hi,

Im ur follower!

Great site, love the posts!

Do visit my blog too at http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

Emily said...

Such a fun dress! I love the way the sleeves are closer together in the back than in the front. That's probably the best 25 cents you've ever spent. :)

Jamie said...

so very cute! I bet she loved it!

~JamieS@ Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom

Sachiko said...

This is such a fun dress! Thank you for sharing!

ByNightCreations said...

Making that dress was a super idea! it turned out beautiful!

Megan Gunyan said...

Ah, so cute! I like those colors, too! Great idea.

tabulyogang said...

its my first time here and i just wanna say its BEAUTIFUL!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home