Cute Easter Crafts & Ideas

Friday, March 26, 2010 |
So with Easter coming soon, I wanted to put together a cute list of crafts you could make to get the festivities going.  I love decorating for the holidays and seasons, it makes me feel happy.  Plus my Mom always did it when I was a kid and it made the holidays so much more fun!

I like this wreath, I think I would hang this one on the inside of my door so I could look at it more often.  It's so pretty.  Find a twig wreath, usually at Walmart for a couple bucks ($2-5), glue some robins eggs on (I have seen these at Homesense for $5.99 a box), and wrap twig garland around from Michaels craft store.



This is a cute bunny makeover from Melissa at Sycamore 320.  So cheap and cute.  I am on the lookout for a bunny!  Go here to see the transformation.  I was on the lookout for a bunny my last trip to the thrift store, but wasn't lucky.  I'll try again next week.



This is a cut candy bowl from Martha Stewart.  Made from a glass bowl and some yarn to look like a nest of eggs.  You could also use an egg holder and put some for individual place setting.  Wouldn't that be cute at an Easter dinner!


You may have a bunch of random easter baskets from years before, and if you don't, they always have these at the thrift store.  Here is a great recycling project for your baskets.  A fresh look for them.



Another easter basket idea if you have any pots around the house, and a little scrapbook paper you can make these:

 

Here is a cute craft to make and give to your neighbors or friends.  Gift ideas are always great to find.  Made with pastry bags.



Here is a cute craft and centrepiece.  Even the kids could help with this one.  Made from a styrofoam ball and and foil wrapped chocolate eggs.  You can get more details of the directions here.



Look how fun and fancy it would be to make these easter eggs!  Modge podge and sheet music!



I also found these fabric eggs.  Such a good way to use up any funky fabric scraps.  Retro Mama sewed hers, and stuffed them.  I am thinking more along the lines of covering a plastic egg and just glueing the fabric onto it.  Hmm, maybe I'll try these.  Retro Mama has a tutorial for sewing them here.



Well hopefully these ideas will get you moving and decorating your house for the holiday.  I have so many good ideas now.  Now which one to start with??

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home