Jewelry Box- Tray (same thing)!

Monday, March 7, 2011 |
What do you know, I finally found what I was looking for, and it was right in my kitchen.



Remember my tray that I was oh so pleased to have found at the thrift store.


And how well it has served me...


Well I was looking for something to keep my jewelry in, and remember the cute jewelry box I made over here, but gave it away!

Well, I've had this box since I was 14.


It was cute when I was 14, and held my jewels,


But I always had to shake my jewels to free them...


Until I was sitting on the chair in my kitchen looking around and I saw my silver tray on top my fridge, and BAM, there was my inspiration.


I think she looks like she belongs.


I didn't realize but my earrings fit perfectly, because I don't own any studs! 


And I own few bracelets.



And the tray is the right touch of glam for me.


Audrey thinks they fit nicely too.


I am happy my jewels have a safe (meaning high enough my daughters can't reach them) and separated (meaning no more jewel jiggling) home!


Where do you keep your jewels?

16 comments:

Jae said...

This is brilliant! I love it! Can I share on my blog?

Sherryd said...

Great way to store yet display your jewelry! Love it! BTW I have those peacock earrings as well! Might I say you have great taste!!

Lisa Cash said...

great idea! clever, unexpected use for something! Love that - and it looks gorgeous on your dresser.

Emily said...

OH I so love that idea my jewelry box is a nightmare! I think I would need a bigger tray though have more braclets then you.

Staci said...

I have a metal shelf with metal strips instead of a solid top. I hook my necklaces on the slats. I've got door knobs and drawer pulls mounted on the wall above the shelf. My bracelets hang on those. I love being able to see everything.

Rachel said...

I have the exact same Lia Sophia gold cuff bracelet :) I have a tall hook tree for necklaces but need something better like your fun tray idea for other things!

bikim said...

wow!
so many gorgeous things!!!!!
lovely photos!
take care,
Rosa

M.O.T.B said...

I use a plate stand holder with plates that match my bathroom. I actually spray painted the holder. Love it!

Pam said...

I love it...that looks so neat. I had to make me a frame with screen and drape hooks for my necklaces to hang on. They kept getting so messed up.

Tara said...

Beautiful! I love the audrey print too! I keep my jewelry on a wire manequin. I love being able to see my jewelry out. Rather than tangled up in my box. ;-) thanks for linking up at Trendy Treehouse.

Marianne said...

That would be the perfect solution for my mother in law and for me actually. Thank you for sharing. Now to go hunting.

Brianna! said...

such a fantastic idea
I LOVE IT!!

xoxo
bB

Sachiko said...

I love this idea!

Jo-Anna@APrettyLife said...

Great idea! Looks so pretty!
Jo-Anna

The Sunflower Patch said...

That is very elegant! I up cycled a CD holder that I found while thrifting! :)

Steph said...

this is a great idea, your items are so beautifully displayed.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home